The COVID-19 pandemic put a spotlight on the work JMIR Publications has been doing over the past 20 years. Our focus on telemedicine/digital health and internet interventions has been highlighting the tools that are now CRITICAL during the COVID-19 pandemic and will remain important in the post-COVID-19 era. This, combined with our ability for rapid review and publication, means JMIR journals are now a prime outlet for COVID-19 clinical and public health/policy-relevant research.
The Journal of Medical Internet Research (JMIR) is accepting submissions for a dedicated COVID-19 theme issue.
How to submit:
Please submit to JMIR by selecting "JMIR Theme Issue: COVID-19 Special Issue” in the "Section" drop-down list.
COVID-19 Theme Issues in Other JMIR Journals
Submit your clinical and health policy-relevant COVID-19 research. Please submit your field reports, surveillance reports, technologies, apps, protocols and reports on isolation, suppression, treatment protocols, models, case studies, policy recommendations, rapid reviews, telework/telemedicine reports, etc.
As an innovative publisher (well known for fast turnaround times even in non-pandemic situations), JMIR Publications is proud of the role we play in sharing critical research rapidly and openly to inform the public health response and help save lives.
As early as February 2020, JMIR Publications created a special COVID19 e-collection and a special call for papers in JMIR Public Health and Surveillance to prioritize COVID-19 research papers. Other journals such as Journal of Medical Internet Research, JMIR Pediatrics and Parenting, JMIR Mental Health have also issued calls for papers. As with all JMIR submissions, fast-tracking is possible for faster turn-around times.
- JMIR Public Health & Surveillance COVID-19 Theme Issue Call for Papers E-Collection JPHS COVID-19 Theme Issue
- J Med Internet Res Call for Papers: E-Collection JMIR Theme Issue: COVID-19 Special Issue
- JMH Theme Issue COVID-19 and Mental Health: Impact and Interventions (JMIR Mental Health)
- JMIR Pediatrics & Parenting Call for Papers: E-Collection JPP Theme Issue: Digital Approaches for Pediatric Healthcare Delivery during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic
- JMIR Human Factors Call for Papers: E-Collection JHF Theme Issue: Human Factors of the COVID-19 Outbreak
- JMIR Nursing Call for Papers: E-Collection JN Theme Issue: Nursing Informatics and COVID-19
- JMIR Medical Informatics: E-Collection JMI Theme Issue: Medical Informatics and COVID-19
We accept original papers including rapid surveillance reports, field reports, case studies, and raw datasets related to COVID-19. We are particularly interested in surveillance systems, surveillance data, and public health informatics / population health technologies.
For all JMIR journals, we are using our entire "open science" toolset to disseminate your research immediately and widely.
- immediate preprint available and citable with DOI on submission
- upon APF payment on acceptance, immediate availability and indexing on PubMed within 24 hours and linking to the author manuscript
- on publication, special XML tagging allowing immediate availability on PubMed Central
We hope you choose JMIR or another JMIR journal to disseminate your work. We work closely with WHO, NCBI, and other partners to maximize the impact of your work.
If you are just beginning data collection, please submit your data collection and analysis protocol to JMIR Research Protocols.