Get more readers for your research from other journals
JMIR Publications is excited to bring to its authors TrendMD, a scholarly content discovery and promotion platform. TrendMD provides wide dissemination of scholarly content content across top journals by displaying the title of your JMIR article(s) as a link that directs readers of related research in other journals to your JMIR article. In short, TrendMD helps your research get noticed among your peers, which may translate into more citations!
See also: What is TrendMD? (JMIR Knowledge Base article)
Example from a BMJ Open article, directing readers from a related BMJ article to JMIR articles:
How TrendMD enhances readership for scholarly authors
With TrendMD, links to scholarly content appear as recommended articles on thousands of top scholarly sites from publishers like BMJ, Wolters Kluwer Health, and Elsevier. Data indicates that articles distributed over the TrendMD network receive an 87% increase in median article views at 6-weeks versus control.
Authors submit content to the TrendMD network and set their budget, starting as low as $99 in exchange for at least 100 targeted article views.
TrendMD gives you:
- targeted traffic of scholarly authors and readers unlike other distribution channels like Twitter (note that JMIR authors can also - for an additional $99 - promote their article through promoted tweets)
- full control to manage your content promotion (set weekly budgets, prioritize content, etc.)
- tailored analytics data to measure increased invisibility and reach of your content
What you need to do to get started
Just choose the TrendMD option at the JMIR payment checkout (when you pay for the APF after acceptance).
What metrics can TrendMD provide to help me assess the quality and quantity of promotion?
TrendMD provides several metrics to assess the quantity and quality of attention your article receives including:
- How many additional visitors read your content
- Where (publishers and journals) readers came from to read your article
- What articles people were reading before they read your article
- Institutional and geographical location of your referred readers
What if I don’t receive the required number of targeted article views for the budget I have set?
TrendMD’s algorithm will distribute your research based primarily on user engagement with your content. The more people engage with your work, the more attention your article will receive. Operationally, the algorithm takes into consideration behavioral, contextual, and social inputs, as well as general network trends of trending research articles. TrendMD reaches over 8M unique scholarly readers per month; all articles will receive at least 100 additional article views within 1 month or less.
What happens if I keep clicking on my promoted content on the TrendMD network? Does it mean I can artificially increase traffic to my own content?
No. TrendMD filters out repeat clicks from identical users over the network.
For more questions on TrendMD, please contact email@example.com
Screenshot of author dashboard