University School of Medicine
Family Medicine Medical Interviewing Online Course
Pre Survey - Spring 2002
help us improve this online course by answering the following questions.
Click "Submit Survey" when you are finished.
rate your level of understanding of each of the following concepts:
Initiating the medical interview.
Developing rapport with the patient during the interview.
Observing patient interactions during the interview.
14. Eliciting information during the interview.
Maintaining control and focus in the interview.
16. Awareness of the range of different questioning techniques.
17. Understanding how and when to use different questioning
techniques in the medical interview.
18. Purpose of the opening part of the interview.
19. The social phase of the interview.
20. Setting of expectations in the interview.
21. Negotiation or limit setting with the patient.
22. Use of connecting statements in transition.
23. Labeling of subjects covered.
24. Objectives of the closure in the interview.
25. The affective state of the patient.
26. Non-verbal interview cues.
27. Use of empathic responses to patients during the interview.
28. Regulating the flow of the interview.
29. Bringing closure to the interview.
30. Observational Skills (watching, listening).
Please rate your medical interviewing skills.